
Grrr. It's Monday. And what a Monday it has been.
So let's start from the beginning of the day.
But of course, my first class is....math. First half of class went by pretty easily, after all, Mr. Jeffreys just blabbered on about his weekend the entire time. Then we had to jam all the problems into the second half of class. It wasn't a hard assignment; it was just review. However, even simple reviews can be long and annoying when your group mates are very loudly chatting about inappropriate topics. I really can't wait to change groups.
At last, math ended and I went to band! And we got our new uniform shirts today (which is good, because our concert is next Tuesday!). Mrs. Rakoff gave some instructions and then called us up to get our shirts...and I was among the first. I walked up and retrieved my shirt. Then, caught up in the moment, I began to walk back to my spot. "Nope, you weren't listening to instructions!" Mrs. Rakoff reminded. "Oooo...." Josh the bassoon player teased. I felt my face grow really hot as I sheepishly walked back up to Mrs. Rakoff. I didn't have a mirror, but I was pretty sure that I went red. What really bothered me was that I had been listening to instructions...i had just forgotten in my excitement. Alas, there was no way to prove that, so I just stood there, embarrassed. And then it turned out that I had ordered two shirts by mistake. There's a reasonable explanation, but I don't feel like explaining right now. But Mrs. Rakoff was, in the end, glad that me and one other guy had gotten two shirts because there where four kids who had forgotten to get one at all.
Perhaps the weirdest, most disgusting moment of the day happened in between band and gym. I stopped my the bathroom on the way to the gym (no one wants to exercise with a full bladder...it's very uncomfortable!). I set my stuff on the floor and did my thing, flushed and picked my stuff up again. I was most unfortunate to, as I was about to leave, have my glasses case fall of my stack of books and into you-know-where. So I had to take it out of there (thank goodness it floats!) and rinse it off in the sink. Yuck! And that made me a minute late for gym class, in which wearing a sweater and extra undershirt was a bad idea. See, in gym today, we started the dancing unit, and during that time we do not need to change into our uniforms. I was sweating like crud my the end of class.
The rest of the school day went by pretty well. But then I got on the bus again. For one thing, I had to sit in the back of the bus. For another, the guys who ended up sitting by me had only one arm. Not trying to be rude, but it's kinda...creepy, you know? So there was some frost on the window. I doodled a wolf on it with my finger. "OOO that's good!" The kids on the bus said. "Now draw one up here!" So I did. This one was howling. Before I knew it, the back of the bus was full of howls. "Those are just doodles," I told them truthfully, and pulled out a sketch that I did earlier that day, which ended up being passed all around the bus. Now, before you say "well, thats nice of them", think about how awkward it was for me...ok?
I got home, did the usual. Everything was fine and good...until that night. Brandon, Bryce and I were gathered around the computer watching stuff, when suddenly the computer turns off. "Bryce, did you turn it out with your foot?" I asked. "No." He said. I turned on the light...or, I tried to. Then it stuck me...the power was out! As quickly as I could in the pitch-black house, I went into my room and got a little battery-powered lantern and turned it on, bringing it into the family room. It was just me, Daddy and the boys at home. Daddy had to go outside and manually open the garage door so Mommy and Emily could get through. They came home and Mommy helped Daddy turn on the fire. From there we just sat around it, telling random stories. It was getting late, as far as we could tell, and we had to go to bed. In the dark. But as we entered out rooms...On came the lights! Huzzah! What a happy ending! And now, it's 10:20, I've been typing for an hour, and need to go to bed...darn.
Well, hope your Monday went better than mine. Goodnight!
What an eventful day you had, thanks for sharing it. I actually like black outs if they happen at night and I don't have to go anywhere because they force us to just enjoy each others company by candle light. Candle light just sets the right mood.
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is eww, gross! I'm glad you didn't drop anything else n the toilet.
ReplyDeleteYou dropped it...in the toilet? o.o Nasty, although that has happened before, I won't go into details, but no one flushed. I'm glad there was a plunder thing nearby. And my Monday sucked too. I had pink eye, but it probably still wasn't as bad as yours. I have never heard of such an unfortunate Minday. It's like, Friday the 13nth, on Monday, the 14th. But as for the full bladder and exercise, you do NOT want to know what happened to a poor guy in gym during exercises. I almost vomited, and I do not do that to easily. But poor you. Atleast they liked you art! (How could they not?!)
ReplyDeleteGrandma--Candles are fun. As scary as it was at first, it did give a sense of excitement.
ReplyDeleteMom--Yeah, I could have dropped something more important :P
Wolfie--Aw, thanks. But it was still really awkward for me to have my stuff passed around the bus.