Monday, November 23, 2009

Missionary Moments

Hm. I need to update my blog.
So...I'm gonna tell you a story that took place last week.

I was in Science class on Wednesday. The day was nearing it's end and of course, several different conversations were going on around the room. Emily(not my sister...different Emily ;)) and Katie began discussing Wednesday church activities. I told them that I'd be going to Mutual, which is pretty much the same thing (as you guys should know). "Yeah. You're Mormon, right?" Katie asked. I replied "yes" with an affirmative nod. "What do you believe?" She questioned. I though a moment, and then decided to start with the Pre-Existence. We chatted about that for the rest of class...about 20 minutes. The next day, I brought my Personal Progress book. As class was nearing the end and the daily conversations had begun (or more accurately, continued, knowing my class), Katie started flipping though it. She asked question which I answered. I remember one question in specific: "Do you believe that we have to go to church every day to end up in Heaven, or do we just need to know and accept that Jesus is our savior?" And of course, that brought up a very long discussion about our life on Earth, before we were born and after we died. I reminded her a bit about the Pre-Existence which we'd spoken about the day before. I told her all about the Spirit World and the Kingdoms of Glory. I explained that how we act on Earth determines where we end up in the Spirit World, but just because we die doesn't mean it's not too late to repent. It was a pretty interesting and long conversation though. However, Katie went nuts when she found out that we can't drink tea or coffee. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this experience, you are very wise beyond your years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another spiritual post! Like on my newest post! Cool! Lol, I'm guessing she likes tea? Or coffee? Or both??

    ReplyDelete