Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 Distirct Festival

I know, very creative title...[/sarcasm]

So! I'm a little late in posting this, but the other Friday I went to District Festival for Band. I got to get out of class, too, and that was pretty awesome.

We loaded the buses at 8:00, which is pretty much when the bell rings for class to begin. And we left soon after. The bus had radio, which was pretty cool, and the seats where blue. We drove for a while before finally arriving at Huntsville High School, where the competition was to be held. We unloaded and headed into the gym.

Let me tell you...HHS has a pretty dang awesome gym. It's lower than the floor around it, with bleachers on every side leading into it. And the bleachers are better than the ones we have at Liberty. :/

We sat in there for a while. Since we where Wind Ensemble, we would be the last Liberty group to preform. So we just chilled in there while Beginner Band and Concert Band did their stuff. While we where waiting, we got a chance to have some snacks. Unfortunately, no food was allowed in the gym, so we had to go outside to eat it. And it was pretty chilly out there.

After a bit of waiting, we finally got onstage. I was really nervous, but I played through all the songs just fine. We went into the sightreading room afterward and preformed there as well. Our scores ended up being a 2 (Excellent) on stage and a 1 (Superior) in sightreading.

And so then we all loaded the buses to head back to Liberty. When we got there, we stuffed everything on the shelves and were herded into the cafeteria for lunch. Usually there are four lunch periods: "A" lunch at 11:45, "B" lunch at 12:05, "C" lunch at 12:50 and "D" lunch at 1:15. We ended up falling past all the categories into what I called "E" lunch...2:00. The good news is that I didn't have to go to class until 3:00...when we only had 27 minutes left!

So now we can stop worrying about districts...and start worrying about Solo&Ensemble, which is coming up in a few weeks. :P

3 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Come check out my blog:
    hungergamesseriestheories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lot of lunch periods! I remember I had only two lunch periods. Insane. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You left out the best part--that the judge singled you out in his comments for doing such a nice job on mallets!

    ReplyDelete