Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day, Half Day...


So, since Monday (I think) the weather guy has been saying that there is a 70% chance of snow on Thursday. It's been talked about all over school, if we'll get enough snow to close school. Now, living in Alabama, that's unlikely, but in the back of our minds, we all hoped.
Lucky for us, Thursday was declared a half-day. Middle school let out at 11:00 and elementary go to leave at 11:30. I was home first for once!
It had been snowing at the bus stop this morning and has been continuing on and off all day. Brandon and I went down to the pond earlier and it's half frozen. There's talk that the roads might freeze overnight...temperature is supposed to be in the teens tomorrow morning...and therefore, no school tomorrow. But nothing has been decided; we will just have to wait and see how it goes.
I'm trying not to, but I can't help but hope that we stay home tomorrow!

-edits post-
Well, a decision has been made. NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY! -happy dance-

3 comments:

  1. I'm leaving a comment. Brrrrr, it's cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! No school! We get a long(and snowy) weekend! I love winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetest vacations are often the unexpected ones. It sure looks like you guys enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete