Last Friday, I slept over at my friend Deanta's house. I stayed there all day Saturday. While there on Saturday, we went to the fair. How fun. And at the fair, we where alone, meaning Deanta's mom dropped us off and planned to meet us back there later.
On the way in, there were some people sitting there. They told Deanta and I to sit down and learn how to make a bracelet and listen to a story. So we are like "well...sure....ok..." and we go sit down. In front of us sat an old lady with a thing of beads and a bag of string. She showed us a little booklet of colors and asked if we've ever read a book without words. She told us that even without words, this book told a great story. She opened up to a gold page and gave us a gold bead. She asked what the color gold makes us think of. The first thing that popped into my mind was...virtue! For those of you who do not know, the Young Women have a new value--virtue. The color is gold. So of course...yeah. The whole story turned out to be about church, about how Jesus came to Earth and died for us. During the whole thing, I had to make corrections. For instance, when she told us that there are 2 places you go after you die, I had to tell her there are actually like, 4. She didn't seem offended by my comments, but I'm not entirely sure if she believed me. Deanta was quite during the whole thing. Deanta is a member of the church, but she told me she doesn't often talk about religion like that.
After we finished our bracelets and thanked the lady, we went off to the rides. First we went on the Ferris wheel. It was fun, but Deanta got freaked out a little when it stopped while we were at the top. When we got off, she bought some cotton candy. We sat down and began to eat. But while we where eating, something very weird happened. As I munched on cotton candy, I saw a strangely familiar face, a girl with red hair and a monkey gymnast t-shirt....I told Deanta I'd be right back. I jumped in front of the girl yelling "Emily!" Sure enough, my sister was at the fair with her gymnastics buddies. What a weird coincidence. We where both pretty much like "O_O what are you doing here?" So I went back to Deanta. When we finished our cotton candy, we went on another ride called "The Hurricane". It was fun... you could seriously fell gravity pushing you to the edge of your seat. And yet just as we were about to get of...Deanta threw up. Poor Deanta. Maybe we shouldn't have eaten that cotton candy...Deanta didn't go on any more rides after that. But I did. I felt kinda bad leaving her out like that, but she insisted it was fine. We did get more snacks though. We each finished a snowcone and I got a piece of pizza. Deanta wanted some funnelcakes but she didn't have enough money left. I had just enough so if we combined, we could get some. I decided that I wasn't going to spend it on anything else, so I let Deanta buy her funnelcakes. We both ate them, and ended up getting powdered sugar all over ourselves. Haha, whoops. Our last activity was balloons. We found a guy who was making balloon animals for free, so we though, "Oh what the heck? Let's get a balloon animal." So we waited in line. We where next in line, but these two little kids came up and told the balloon guy what they wanted. He asked who was next in line. The kids' older sister said that they where next in line, which really annoyed me because I was positive that Deanta and I where there first, but I was too nervous to speak up. It was finally out turn. I got a wolf and Deanta got a cat (emo Ashfur!! lol inside joke...), It was finally time to go. We found Deanta's mom, who dropped me off with my dad and I went home. What a day...!
I can feel for your friend because I am guaranteed to throw up if I go on a few rides like that. Uncle Tim has a really funny story about his friend who threw up all over everybody during a ride, yuuckk.
ReplyDeleteGood job aobut being a missionary and speaking up for what you believe. And I hate it too when people push in front of me, but I never say anything either. When we were in Austria it is aspecially bad about people cutting in front, over there it is the old ladies who will elbow their way to the front because they think since they are old they deserve special treatment.
Wouldn't that have been funny if you jumped in front of that red headed girl and it wasn't Emily?
ReplyDeleteyeah, i was stuck in a ride when the dude next to me started barfing all over. he threw up all over the kid in front of us, who then started throwing up too. pretty disgusting.
ReplyDeleteYou are a great missionary! And i'm glad you didn't get sick on the rides, too-- that's an awful feeling.
ReplyDelete