First day of school = chaotic mess. Need I say more? Probably not, but of course I'm going to.
Bus stop: Wow. Suddenly there are twice as many kids at the bus stop, as four more came to 7th grade. Today there were about 10-12 people there, because there were the 8 of us plus some moms. And the bus is just as crowded as last year, and even though the 9th graders of last year aren't there anymore, idiots remain in the back of the bus *rolls eyes*
Before class starts: Last year, I would normally go to the band room in the morning, but as today is the first day you cannot go to the band room or the library in the morning, only the gym. And the gym was packed. The bleachers were already filled up by the time Katrina, Kylie and I got there, and we were sent with some other kids to sit on the floor. *sarcastic voice* Looking up for today, isn't it?
Homeroom and Lockers: So when we were released from the gym, we went to lockers/homeroom. My locker was no problem, it was next to a wall at the beginning of the hallway: great location. My homeroom, not so lucky. I went to Mrs. Haithcock's room, like my schedule said to, and I sat down. And the more people came in. And more. And more. There were, it looked like, 30-40 people in the room when Mrs. Haithcock came in. I turned out that most of us had a mistake on our schedule, and had to go to a different classroom. I, unfortunately, was one of those students. My real homeroom teacher was Mr. Pahman. We went over procedures and whatnot there, and got improved schedules with teacher's names on it. Some schedules had changed from the ones we got when we went to get lockers and stuff. It just so happened that mine did such. I had really been looking forwards to having PE and lunch with my dear friend, Mary, but my PE time had changed to a block before hers, and now I have B lunch while she has A lunch. *sigh*...
1st Block---Pre-algebra: This class was ok. It was in the downstairs 9th grade hallway, which was really small. It had only about 4 classrooms and a few lockers, and was about half as wide as the other hallways. Thankfully, there were much less people using it! And as for the actual classroom....new desks. And weird desks. You know how most desks have an opening where you can put you stuff, and a separate chair? Well, these desks were attached to the chairs, and did not have an opening. Instead, little metal bars like the ones on the bottom of shopping carts where on the bottom of each chair. I assume that's where your books are meant to go. As for the teacher, he was...interesting. Not really easy to describe. :/
2nd Block: Band & PE: My schedule was a little weird here...it marked both band and PE as 3rd period. I wasn't entirely sure which one I was supposed to go to first, but I decided on PE because it was listed first. So I sat through PE, listening to the boring old drills I already knew, and at last it was time for band. Or so I thought. When I headed to the bandroom, Ms. Monte was there. She told me this was Concert Band and she thought I was in Wind Ensemble? I told her I was, and showed her my schedule. She explained that Wind Ensemble was last period, I had missed it (darn it, I was looking forward to it all summer!) and had to go get my schedule fixed and just come tomorrow. So I walked down to the library to get my schedule fixed. I had to wait in line for a while, totally confused and not really sure what to do. Finally it was my turn, so I showed the lady my schedule and explained about going to PE at the wrong time. It took her a while to really grasp what I meant, but at last she saw the problem and fixed it. So I walked back to PE and sat through it....again. This time, however, I decided it would be OK to draw a picture during the instructions, as I'd already heard them. The good news is, however, my friend Michelle is in PE with me. The weird news is, there's another Natalie in PE, who apparently is in Wind Ensemble as well.
3rd Block: Advanced Language Arts: I didn't really have any problems with this class, except that we played the Name Game and when it came my turn I totally blanked out. For those of you who don't know, the Name Game is when the first person says their name and two thing about him/herself. The the next person says the first person's name as well as his/her own and something interesting about his/herself, and then the next person says the first two people's names; etc.
Lunch: I have B lunch this year. Not bad, I guess....at least it's not D. As I've already mentioned, I was going to have Mary in my lunch time, be schedules got flipped around and whatnot. The good news is, however, I do have Caitlyn, Caroline and Madelyn in lunch with me, and it's a good thing Caitlyn is...Caitlyn's in band, too, even though she's not in Wind Ensemble. She let me know that we needed out instruments tomorrow...thank goodness, or I would have left mine home! Oh, and we have a new band teacher. Since I missed out, Caitlyn had to fill me in on the details. And apparently, the new director has given us a uniform change. Those of you who have seen my concert videos know what our other uniform looks like, and I say, from the description Caitlyn gave, I like the old ones better. She says that for concerts, the new uniforms will consist of light orange shirts (I hope they have that little symbol on them again....), black pants and black dress shoes. For football games, it will be our shirt, shorts jeans and tennis shoes. I hope they change them back, but of course that's unlikely...
4th Block: Physical Science: Aww man. I was kinda hoping we'd have life science again...Anyway, this class is at the far end of the 7th grade hall. Good news: I can stop by Mrs. White's room on the way. Bad news: I have to push my way through the hall, which has not gotten a single bit less crowded since last year. Oh, and guess who's in my Science class? The other Natalie. That's really gonna be confusing. Other than that, this was a pretty simple class, not to confusing or anything.
End of the Day: My locker is easy to reach once you get upstairs. The problem is actually getting up there. I had to push my way through all the 7th graders again. Once I got up there, it was a lot easier. I grabbed m stuff and headed towards the buses, which luckily my bus was in the same place as it was last year. I got on the bus and found Katrina. After that, the day was pretty normal...talk to Katrina, get off the bus, walk home. And now here I am, typing all this up. I hope tomorrow goes easier!
On other note, I somehow managed to find all my 7th grade teachers and say Hi, all while trying to get to different places. Oh, and Coach G got a smartboard.
Hey, I left you a comment and it didn't show up. Well, I hope that you had a good day today, and that you finally got to go to band.
ReplyDeleteahhh... i remember 8th grade well. good luck with everything, natalie, i am sure it will settle down soon.
ReplyDelete