So! Guess who substituted for Sunday School again today? Brother Single Dollar Question, whose name I still don't know/didn't hear. We were also combined with the other class again today. Only this week, more than one of them showed up. The teacher, who I am going to refer to in this as BSDQ (brother single dollar question), had us sit boy-girl-boy-girl, but with 8 boys and three girls, that didn't really work out. And of course, with so many boys in the class, you can expect some talking to be going on during the class. Anyhow, back to the point. BSDQ was talking about conditions in the time frame of the lesson, and one of the boys---I think his name was Zach, but I'm not entirely sure---starts saying how he would escape those conditions and run away somewhere safe. The conversion went a little like so:
Zach: I would get really good at running long distance, then run away.
BSDQ: But the air there was full of fumes and gas, so you wouldn't be able to run very far.
Zach: Oh. Well then I would get a gas mask and and run away.
BSDQ: Too bad gas masks would be invented 30 years afterward.
Zach: Darn it! Ok, I would teach myself to breath underwater for 10 minutes and then run away!
Another boy (whose name I can't remember whatsoever): Yeah, that sounds good! (something like that)
BSDQ: Was I talking to you?
Other boy: No, but I would...
BSDQ: Is your name Zach?
Other boy: No...
BSDQ: You know, Zach, I know your sister. She doesn't talk much...
Zach: Yes she dose!
BSDQ: ...But when she dose, what she says is well-thought-out. She allows her thoughts to marinate ((did I spell that right?)) for a while before she speaks. You should do the same.
Zack: Wha...
BSDQ: See? Your not thinking about what you saying. You need to let your thoughts marinate, not flow out like oral diarrhea.
Of course, everyone was laughing now. In the end, Zach and the other boy were sent out of the room so that their thoughts could "marinate" and they wouldn't have "oral diarrhea".
We only finished half the lesson by the time class.
Yup, Brother Single Dollar Question's class is interesting indeed.
I'm very interested to know who BSDQ really is. He sounds like a fun teacher. And the boys in your class sound just like the boys who used to be in my 13-year-old Sunday School class. I guess some things never change.
ReplyDeleteI don't want to get too personal, but I probably suffer from oral constipation more often than oral diarrhea. Any suggestions on how to stay regular?
ReplyDelete