Well, another year's camp has gone by. Quickly, too; seems only yesterday it had hardly begun, and yet now, here I am back home.
Now, one thing you should know is that I have this inside joke with a friend of mine, which is that her "ugliness attracts storms" (She's not actually ugly, of course, but again, it's a big ol' inside joke).
So isn't it strange that the first year she comes is the only year so far that I've ever seen it rain at camp? And the storm even left her a note...
Of course, the rain certainly wasn't a bad thing. Aside from the fact that it gave us soaking shoes (which we already had due to the immense amounts of dew in the morning), it may have been one of best moments of camp. It definitely cooled the temperature down a bit, and after all, who wouldn't rather play in the rain than sit through an hour of certification in the burning heat?
We Level Threes really got into it, too:
Of course, more went on than just the rain. We had a ton of free time during which a friend and I spent a lot of time drawing* or making crafts, and you can't forget those evening skits!
The only time, this year, that the heat was just too much was today...so the rain did a great job of keeping it away for a while!
Camp was great as always, and I can't wait to do it again next year. :)
[*This is the finished version of the drawing I was working on in that photo. (The scanner faded the coloration, though; sorry.)]
I love your sliding video. It looks like so much fun--just not for old people.
ReplyDelete