Saturday, May 29, 2010

8th Grade Highlights

For those of you who don't already know...
SCHOOL'S OUT!!

Now, normally we'd be really excited, right? And we are! But it's be hard for us (me, at least) to get my head around the fact that 8th grade is over. I mean, it's great that's it's summer, but the year just passed by so quickly.

So I'll make a review for the year...all the things that stood out both positively and negatively. (Of course, most of these will make no sense unless you were there, but you know.)

*Banana is a variable, so says Coach J.
*CELL COOKIES, CELL COOKIES, CELL COOKIES...
*Swimming in the acid!
*Wish Time (11:11, 12:34, and 3:14)
*THOSE cookies.
*Cactus juice!!
*Daily Ritual
*Mrs. Hughes's "jokes"
*The general insanity of Ms. Garner's class
*The cheese-it duo
*Ice cream!
*Ms. Ryan "cutting off" Emily W.'s head.
*Kyle's annoying shouts in Ms. Ryan's class
*Disney trip!
*Solo&Ensemble
*Wind Ensemble auditions. (thankfully, I made it! :D)
*The list of inside jokes between Mary and I (it was long!)
*Research paper. D:
*You just lost the game!
*Physic poke!

...and many, many more!

Overall it's been a pretty good year. Oh, there were some rough spots here and there, but we got over them....eventually.

But now 8th grade has ended and summer has begun. And what a summer it's been...yesterday afternoon and even just this morning have been rainy, rainy, rainy. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon...and summer will really begin!

12 comments:

  1. I can't get my head around the fact I'm going to middle school either....

    And cactus juice?? Why was that on your list of-random-things-that-made-no-sense-at-all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. School is already out for you guys!?! We still have to wait for June 10th! The only thing I'm worried about with summer is that it will pass way too quickly and then I'll have to go to high school...
    We've been getting a lot of storms around here, but we, thankfully, have not been struck by lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @B--It's from gym class. We had "cactus juice".

    @Catherine--Hey, long time, no talk! :D You may get out of school later, but I bet it starts later too...I'm guessing September? Ours starts in August. And good to hear that you haven't been struck by lightning...it would kinda suck if you had. ^_^"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, though, I don't know which I would prefer, going to school later, or getting out earlier. :) We had our annual ward 5K today. I did more of a 2.5K. ;) Afterward, my mom and I went on a relatively long bike ride, and now we're all about to go swimming. Rather worn out, but kind of nice to get all the sweating and chlorine-a-fying before I take a nice shower at the end of the day.

    I've also been watching a lot of Doctor Who (which is, if you didn't know, the awesomest sci-fi show on the face of the Earth).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I probably sound stupid saying this, but...what's a 5K?
    Sounds like you're having fun, though! We've been swimming a lot...when it's not raining, that is!
    Hm...I've heard of Dr. Who before, but I've never watched it. Normally I would ask you if it's good, but it certainly sounds like you enjoy it! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 5k is a five kilometer run. Our ward has a 5K and pancake breakfast every year. (Those were really good pancakes!! I basically glazed them with chocolate! Using chocolate chips and my fork,which later broke, so I had to hand-eat the pancake. Just a little messy.)

    That was the first time I have swum all summer (which technically hasn't started yet).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Cool. So you only finished a 2.5K? Yeah, I could understand that. I'm terrible at running. :P
    Mm, those pancakes certainly sound good! I haven't had any pancakes recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, at the beginning, I totally shot to the front (tied with Zackary, neck-and-neck!) and then I just walked with my friends the whole rest time. It was really awesome.
    By the way, see this , this , this , and this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, Neopets! It's been literally years since I've been on there!
    Cool pets, by the way. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I randomly went and programmed all of my pets' pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool!
    I would get on to see my pets, but I forgot my password a long time ago. D:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, I technically have two accounts, and I forgot the second one for a while, but I remembered it randomly a while ago.

    ReplyDelete