Hm. I need to update my blog. So you get this story about what happened in 1st block math today.
So I came into the classroom. I got there earlier than usual this morning...I was the 2nd person in the room. The day started out pretty normal. A few more kids entered the classroom and everyone was chatting with their friends before the bell rang. And then it happened. The lights began to flicker, and then went out completely, along with the clock, Smartboard, radio and any other appliance plugged into the wall. No one screamed. No, instead everyone started to get excited. Since there were two large windows in our classroom, it was not that dark. Searching for extra excitement, the class began to file out of the room, glancing around in awe at the dark hallway. Unfortunately, that lasted only about 10 seconds. Mr. Ruffins noticed us leaving and began to announce to us, "Coach Jeffrey's class will stay in Coach Jeffrey's room!" So we walked, many uttering "Awwww!", back into the room. Coach J himself made it into the room at last, and in his hand was a flashlight. Though it was not that dark in the room, the broken blinds were closed to try and prevent light from entering. Coach J turned on his flashlight and told us: "We are going to tell scary stories now!" Most of the class emitted some minor cheering. Then Coach J launched his story. "Once upon a time," He began, pausing for dracmatic effect, "There was a fraction! And this fraction was...One half! And it had to be added to....One third!" Silence reigned in the room. "This is the part where you say 'oooo!'" Coach J explained. "Ohhh!" Said the class, pretending to be scared. Coach J continued. "And it gets crazier! There where....Mixed numbers involved!" "Ooooh!" "And even....Improper fraction!" "Yikes!" Sadly, it seemed the story of the haunted fractions ended, for right about then, the lights came back on. A lot of people complained. Someone asked Coach J to flip the switch and make in dark in the room anyway. Someone else said, "Aww man, now we have to work!" The rest of the day was pretty boring. After all, we were adding and subtarcting unlike fractions...pretty boring. At least it's over. :P
Wow, mixed fractions. Im going to have NIGHMARES now. Lol, scaaaaaary. Wow, your posts are so much more descriptive and longer thyan mine.
ReplyDeleteLol wolfie. Beware mixed numbers and improper fractions!
ReplyDeleteOh, and maybe they are longer and more descriptive beacuse I'm two grades above of you and in Advanced Launguage Arts XD
That was a pretty scary story and it sounds like you have a very nice teacher. You are a great writer, I am always looking forward to reading your new blog entrees.
ReplyDeleteLol! We watched a creepy movie in math today...
ReplyDeleteMrs.M was showing us this discovery fractions video for 5-8 graders. And it was called Math Mansion. Ok, os they used animated stuffed animal, like a giraffe, and put a 1 half sigh around its neck. They called him gir-half. Then they tore him in half. get where Im going with this? It was so childish and lame....it was ScARY!
Grandma--Oh yes, it was terrifing :P And thank you!
ReplyDeleteWolfie--Math Manison? As in AngleMan? I remember that! XD Mr. Sturdivant had us watch that when I was in 6th grade. It's funny.
I'm scared of fractions, too!
ReplyDeleteespecially improper ones!
ReplyDelete