Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Single Dollar Question

OK, we had a substitute teacher in Sunday School today. He never told us what his name was, and if he did, I didn't hear it. He told us a lot of stories as part of the lesson. He had one that took place right after World War II. He asked if any of us knew who the President (I mean, the president of the US, not the prophet) was at that time, because he was involved in the story. He said he'd give a candy bar to whoever could answer the question right. The he checked his pockets and he didn't have a candy bar with him, so he pulled out his wallet and withdrew a dollar, and said whoever got the question right got the dollar instead. Then Tatiana started to complain: "It's Sunday! You can't pay us to answer a question!" Personally, I agreed, but I didn't say so out loud. But it seemed like he was going to do it anyway. I guess it didn't matter though, cause no one answered correctly anyway. Still, it was pretty weird.

2 comments:

  1. Did the teacher ever tell you who the president at the time was? Grandpa said it was either Pres. Roosevelt or Pres. Truman, depending on what year during the war he was talking about.
    Can you buy a good candy bar for a dollar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe he knew that nobody was going to be able to answer the question correctly anyway.

    ReplyDelete